Thursday, January 3, 2013

New year, new recipes!



                                  New year, new recipes!


  Coming back to this dessert mania blog is like coming back to an old friend. I put this blog on hold around Halloween, and continued to bake quite a bit over the holidays...but just not taking pics or writing about what I was baking. I have missed doing just that, so with the new year of 2013 here I plan to develop this blog. To be honest, I have gotten tired of the limitations of the New York Times Dessert Cookbook. I feel that the variety of recipes is limited, and I have baked all of the recipes that interested me in that book, with a few exceptions. 

  This year, what I would like to blog about will be any dessert recipe that I come across that is different from what I have already baked. This opens up all kinds of avenues for discovery, both for me as baker, and for you as reader of this blog. At this moment I don't know what I will be baking next, but since I've been given a ton of oranges, and many Granny Smith apples, it will most likely have some fruit in it. I would like to expand my capabilities as a baker as well, so I will be choosing recipes that require more dexterity in the culinary realm.

  I am open to requests from my readership for baking and blogging, so if you have a recipe for something I have not already done, feel free to send a request to me.

  New challenges are great!

~Kathy~

2 comments: