Saturday, March 24, 2012

Preheating the oven!

I am not really preheating my oven, at least not yet. My brother gave me a good reality check yesterday by asking how in the *&#@! will I ever be able to bake 440 recipes in 9 months. This poses a problem, and since he is an excellent baker, I asked if he would do half of the recipes. He declined the offer.

So, I will modify my plans a bit. At two recipes a week, I will be blogging about desserts for over 4 years! That is too long to sustain interest in these enticing and calorie-loaded recipes even if Julia Child herself were writing this blog!

Solution: I will choose 75 recipes that are varied, and demand different skill levels in the kitchen, and that are most representative of recipes average cooks would choose to make out of the New York Times Baking Cookbook. You, as a follow of this blog will have the opportunity to weigh-in with your comments on techniques, ingredients, and appearance of the recipes. Over time, I will give you a chance to help decide which recipes I make. I will post the choices a week in advance and give a deadline for voting. The recipe with the most votes wins. In case of a tie, I will decide on the recipe.

Stay tuned for my first baking adventure with pictures, and family reviews next week!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment