Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Some thoughts on blogging

I have only been blogging about baking for two months or so....but a few things have come to my attention related to baking. I have trouble doing these things:


#1: Follow the recipe precisely. * I am not a very precise person, so making   small changes, or omitting a minor ingredient doesn't bother me. However, it can create problems! 


#2: Follow the techniques precisely. *I am not a Cordon Bleu trained baker. I was "trained" at my mother's knee in the kitchen in our Concord, CA home. In high school I spent a lot of time trying out recipes of all kinds...especially baking recipes.


#3: Get clutter off the counter before taking pictures of the ingredients!
      I don't work in a professional kitchen. Rather, our kitchen is used by many    
      family members. Often, there are dirty dishes in the sink, and stuff left out on 
      the counter. Such is the life of a home-based baking blogger. 


#4: Be fully disclosing about any shortcuts I take from what the recipe calls 
       for. Recently my younger brother, (who is a renowned chef and baker in
     Little River, CA), questioned my following of a recipe...asking if I had used pie 
     weights in the pie crust. (I don't even own pie weights!)


#5:Try not to check the blog every day! It is hard to not check the stats every 
     day. I don't think they are accurate at all, but it is fun to check them.
     

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I love this blog. Your time is well spent updating it for all of us to read! Keep up the posts, and the amazing pictures, do you take them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your creations with the world... now everyone knows what they are missing out on at Club Red! :)

    ReplyDelete