Friday, August 24, 2012

Almost halfway to 75 recipes!


                                       
I am within a few recipes of being halfway to 75 recipes created from the New York Times Dessert Cookbook. I have 4 months to go, and so if I can bake 10 recipes a month, then I will have accomplished what I set out to do back in March.

So far with this blog egging me on, I have tried many recipes that I would not otherwise have made. There are some recipes that I tend to shy away from...like custard and pudding recipes.These desserts don't appeal to me, but I will force myself to make at least one custard...just for you...whoever you are out there.

If you look at the mainstay of recipes that I have made so far, you can probably gather that I like pie quite a bit, or tarts...which are very similar to pie. I also really like chocolate...who doesn't? I will push myself to make recipes that I am not fully attracted to initially in order to broaden my repertoire, and also to challenge myself...and not get in a rut.

I have discovered that the large majority of recipes from this cookbook are for basic home cooks. Julia Child might be a bit disappointed in the lack of really challenging recipes, but for the basic home cook these recipes are just right.

~Kathy~


1 comment:

  1. I love this blog, and I really Like this post, a kinda re-cap on what your doing and what is ahead! Keep up the cooking and Blogging!!

    ReplyDelete