Friday, March 22, 2013

Dessert Mania One Year Anniversary!



                         Dessert Mania One Year Anniversary!

     One year ago today I created this dessert blog, and here we are, ninety some recipes later. It has been enjoyable for me to try new recipes, and post the pics and recipes on this blog for viewers/followers. There are more recipes that I want to try my hand at, one of which is Baked Alaska. So, stay tuned for that and more in the coming months!

     The recipe that has gotten the most pageviews is Meyer Lemon Tart Chez Panisse with 100, followed by Bolzano Apple Cake with 47, and Banana Turnovers with 30. I have enjoyed following the stats for this blog, and have been interested in the countries from which people have looked at this dessert blog. 

     I know more than ever that baking is indeed therapeutic, and is a stress reliever. For me, the joy of baking is in the process, much as the joy of reading and writing are in the process of doing these endeavors. Of course, seeing and tasting the finished product is rewarding, but in a different way from the actual process. Following a recipe step-by-step, and taking pictures along the way, really places you in the midst of an experiment...the outcome of which is never fully known until the end. This is similar to reading, in which the outcome isn't known until the end of the book(unless you read that first!). Writing is a forward and backward-looking process throughout, so it differs from the process of reading, but both are transformational in their own unique ways.

    I plan to continue to explore and bake new recipes...and challenge myself with new and different baking techniques in the coming months. I hope that you will join me on this journey of discovery!

~Kathy~
      

No comments:

Post a Comment