Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baking with Julia Child...


                                                                 Baking with Julia Child

O.K., let's get this cleared up...I don't mean baking with the Julia Child, as sadly, she passed away in 2004. What I mean is baking Julia's dessert recipes from her Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Yesterday as I looked through the dessert recipes in this masterpiece cookbook, I thought to myself- I can do this! This confident thought was most likely influenced by my recent rereading of Julia's My Life in France, and furthered along by watching the film Julie and Julia for the fifth time. I love that movie!

So, I will begin this challenge by making Tarte Aux Fraises ( Fresh strawberry tart), using Julia's recipe. This will force me to use more recipes in this expensive cookbook, given to me by one of our sons (Matt), for Christmas in 2009.

Stay tuned! Bon Appetit!

~Kathy~
                             




















No comments:

Post a Comment