Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baker taking a Halloween break...

                                         
                                             Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats

   There comes a time when a worthy goal seems very far away. My goal of baking 75 recipes from the New York Times Dessert Cookbook is within reach. I am over halfway there! However, it is also past the midpoint of the month of October, which means that I have less than 2 1/2 months to make 32 recipes.It is doable at about 3 recipes/week, but realistically, with the holidays coming, it will not happen.

   I am not disappointed in myself at all. I began this dessert blog with much enthusiasm and energy, and that is still there. As much as I love to bake, and consider baking therapeutic, I have learned to pace myself so I don't burn out.

   I am looking forward to the next few months of baking my traditional holiday treats such as Pumpkin Pie, cutout cookies, along with a variety of other cookies that I always bake for Christmas.

   So, I will be baking a few more recipes before we ring in 2013, and my new goal is to get to #44, #45 and #46, and then take a dessert blog break until January.

   I appreciate all of my friends, acquaintances, and others across the globe who have been following my baking blog. I have had viewers from Russia, Japan, Indonesia, South Korea,Italy, France, and Switzerland, to name a few.
The majority of my page views are from the United States. 

   One of the things I have most enjoyed about doing this blog has been taking the pictures. I have been using our daughters' Samsung NX100, and it has given me some clear, crisp photos. 

    Thanks for reading my blog(s), and also for commenting on my postings.

~Kathy~ 

2 comments:

  1. Those are some fun Halloween treats!
    You have baked so many yummy things....I enjoy seeing the pictures!
    Have a good break for all the rest of the normal baking you have to do for the holidays! Wish I was there to gobble some up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mom you certainly have a lot of different readers!!!
    I'm glad your taking a holiday break!! Let the holidays come...cause your baking is to die for!! :)

    ReplyDelete