Monday, April 2, 2012

All-in-One Chocolate Cake #35


                                All-in-One Chocolate Cake

     This cake was really good with an elegant chocolate , which was complemented by a wonderful
     fudge filling and chocolate ganache frosting. I made this cake for dessert last night, and the one piece
     that was leftover, was eaten this morning. I call that a success!


     I didn't serve the cake with port wine, but that would be a good choice. Also, for those who like to read about food I have a book recommendation: Best Food Writing 2007-it is "a literary feast of the finest culinary prose from the past year's books, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and Web sites". It also includes recipes such as: Supercrispy Pan-Fried Chicken, Albondigas in Salsa, or Carmelized Onion Latkes.

Two other great food related books: Appetite For Life: The Biography of Julia Child, written by Noel Riley Fitch, and My Life in France,written by Julia Child.

 
     I will be skipping around a bit in the NY Times Dessert Book, as too much chocolate cake in one week dulls the taste buds. No worries chocolate lovers, I will come back to chocolate cakes in the near future!  
     So, next I will be baking The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies on page 139.

Happy Baking!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment